I have always thought about book exchanges within the bookaholic community but it just remains in my head. When I first found out about Subang Jaya Book Exchange Programme, I was ecstatic!
This awesome programme started in 2009 but I just found out about it last year. I never got the chance to go; I normally spend my weekend cocooning in my parents place in KL or working.
Last weekend, my lucky star (or sun?) was on my side. :) I manage to drop by to give it a shot!
For all of you who wonders where it is, please find the lovely cabin address at the bottom of this post.
If you know where USJ 12 field is, you will not miss the cabin.
Tadaa! Finally get to check in! *grinssss*
As you walk in, you will see a bookshelf filled with books.
Turn right and check in the books you would like to be exchanged. The books will be inspected to ensure it is good enough for an exchange.
Which books are acceptable?
I believe it has to be :
- in readable condition so no missing pages, not torn and etc.
- relevant; not too outdated. This probably applies to technology-related books.
For more, please get in touch with the organizer. Details at the bottom of this post. Upon approval of your books, you will receive a token similar to the one on my palm below. The person incharge will inform you of the number and type of books you are allowed to pick. This is based on the books you checked in earlier. ;)
The picture below was taken from a corner at the entrance of the cabin. Decent size. It is now housing fiction, non-fiction and children's books.
A lil panoramic view perhaps?
Time for short for me I hunt for gems. Seriously, I was rushing but I have to ensure I pick the right books!
As you can see, I am a happy girl. Exchanged 3 books with 3 gems. On top of that, I managed to be among the first 50 book exchanger so I got RM10 Times Bookstore voucher. That only means I CAN BUY MORE BOOKS. :p
(One time offer for now. It was a special weekend; Official Launch.)
Thank you Subang Book Exchange. Thank you Times Bookstore.
Books I brought home. :)
I didn't know what to pick. Went around the shelves and these got me.
I now have The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho printed in 1998. :)
My date told me to hurry up. I know I have too because there is a session with an author at MPH Subang Parade which I have been wanting to go!!!! Will post about it too!
Anyhow, few tips on picking books.
1) Don't rush! Go through be shelves. You will never know what you will find. (Yea, I was in a rush so I had to speed hunt!) I saw 2 copies of P.S. I Love You by Cecelia Ahern, 2 out of 4 books from Nora Roberts Wedding quartet and The famous Eat Pray Love book.
2) Never judge books by its cover. Cliché. I know.
3) The books are arranged according to authors and sections so if there is an author you are looking for, the arrangement could help. :)
4) This needs luck. If there is an author you have never tried, this could be a good start. Need luck.
A little bit more about Subang Jaya Book Exchange Programme.
Address : BEP Cabin, Jalan USJ 12/2F.
Frequency : Every 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month.
Time : 3pm - 5pm
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/sjusjbep
Email : email@example.com
I believe the frequency will increase if response are awesome and if there are more volunteers to help out. For those who are interested, get in touch with them!
Btw, my date and I made it to the launch album. Spot us there! :p
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod Touch