Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tuesday Teaser - 13/7/2010

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:  
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
The teaser.
"When I recovered and went home, I was given this vast collection of my letters, all so neatly bound with green tape, more than six hundred of them altogether, dating from 1925 to 1945, each one in its original envelope with the old stamps still on them. I am awfully lucky to have something like this to refer to in my old age." -p82, Boy: Tales of Childhood by Roald Dahl-

2 comments:

Josette said...

That's a lot of letters! It sure is fun going through old cards and letters though now we have so few of them due to the higher usage of e-mail and the SMS.

Nice teaser. I'd love to read the book!

. Ruz . said...

Yuppp!!! Must be fun!
I've not sent many letters but I used to keep a diary when I was back in high school. Was fun rereading it and reminiscing the moments. :) Technology has now taken over a lot of things. Many things are much simpler and faster now. Maybe that is quite the reason why things are less sentimental now. :S

Btw, how can anyone resist Dahl's rite? ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails