Wednesday, July 3, 2013

i am lejen

Brief Description:
Indie bookstore selling alternative books.

I have always passed by this shop whenever I go to popmyberry to get my Blackberry cases. I have always read the name of he shop but never looked into the shop maybe because the t-shirts on sale are not dominant to the view at one glance.

Anyhow, here I am tonight! :) They are known for selling alternative books. Aiming to encourage non-readers to generate interest to read. I hope they are successful at this! There are more and more people spending time doing everything else but reading. Sad but true especially with the growth of technology. It is not entirely bad but rate of interest people have in reading is deteriorating. :( In a simple line: The community would rather spend time on technology than reading. Why? Reading is boring. They said.

I AM LEJEN. Don't quite know where the name came from but I figure it is a combination of Malay and English for I Am Legend.

For those of you who are in Klang Valley, this shop is in Subang Jaya SS15. ;) If you are not in Klang Valley or Malaysia but interested, they have an online shop; http://shop.lejenpress.com/shop

I am very much intrigued to go to this shop because of the alternative genre. I know alternative music but alternative books? Interesting.

I first thought they only sell Malay books. When I stepped in, the first book I held was Wedding Speech. English! Phew! Nothing wrong with reading books in Malay language just that I usually have trouble reading it; need to reread few sentences or paragraphs a number of times to get it. Enjoyment could be turned off that way. Hahaha

Pardon the quality of the pictures. Need upgrade of my gadget man!

The following is the first bookshelf many will upon entrance. They are currently having discounts. :)



Buku Paling Laku. In English: Best Selling Books. Yes, I have to look for the translate button at he back of my brain to get this sign when I first saw it because it isn't familiar to my eyes whenever I ht bookstore. Alternative yea? ;)


This shelf looks nice!



Walked out with 2 books. 1 In Malay and another in English.
My first alternative reading! May book-loving person like me enjoys it.


The book in Malay title is Awek Chuck Taylor. Very famous and recommended so I'm giving this a shot despite being nervous about reading in Malay language(it has been ageeeeesss.Seriously!)

The other book is Timid. From the summary on the back cover:

"Nobody ever loves the same way twice. Angus was in love with Fay. Fay left and married another man. Devastated, Angus went to an island trying to forget everything. Angus met Beth. Fell in love. And the rest is written in this book. "

So....I guess buy this book? I bought. Mr.Husband paid. ;)

Fret not, books are reasonably priced.



Details of I AM LEJEN.

No. 12G, Jalan SS15/8B.
Subang Jaya.
47500 Selangor,
MALAYSIA.
Tel: 03-58884687
Email: info@iamlejen.com
Opening Hours:
Mon - Sat : 1pm to 12am (Yes, you read that right. 12midnite!)
Sun : 1pm to 6pm
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/iamlejenshop

A little bit more on the location.
Landmark: 7-Eleven, popmyberry, popmyapple, Gold Chilli restaurant and the market! Parking can get challenging there as it is quite a happening area.

What to bring to the shop?
Money :p and an open mind :)

I'll definitely review the books when I'm done with them!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails