Sunday, February 8, 2009

Accenturianz READ & keep your copy!

When it comes to free stuff, everybody getz excited. However if the free item is a book, I would hear murmurings in the crowd when they open up their goodie bag. Why is that so? Do people despise reading that much? Is it the title of the book? Is it the author?

I had introduced a book titled Lasting Contribution by Tad Waddington twice at the company events. The books were given out twice. The consultant and enterprise people now have a copy but people from the solutions workforce in Accenture should have 2 copies already as they were part of the 2 events held.

I had a few people walk up to me and ask "Why do they give us a book?". When I first heard that question, I was like.. "What?Aren't you happy you get a FREE book????' Well, of coz I didn't say it out loud. A few came to tell they didn't get their copies. (People who reads would truly appreciate free books. =p) Anyway, this does not only happen in my company. It happens everywhere and almost all the time someone gets a book. ODD. Perhaps people prefer other stuff like food. *sigghhh*

The book even came with a cute trailer. Accenturianz, you gotta be proud. This book is written by an Accenturian! and it was given FOC for you to enjoy! (Sooooo lucky to be an Accenturian!!!!)

I'm yet to read the book as I'm pretty drowned in the book-ocean in my room. There is alwayz something to get my head into 'til there are times I cannot decide which book to read first. Hihihi

Anyway, just so you feel happy, the book is worth RM44.90.
Don't believe me? Check it out here.



Last but not least, as another soul in the wonderful Accenture crowd...I'm more than happy to receive another book in my goodie bag for the subsequent events accompanied by vouchers and Accenture t-shirt. Even an Accenture merchandise would be lovely. =) As for lucky draws, put in more Kinokuniya vouchers. K people? *teehee*

Excerpt from my script. This portion was given by one of the Marcomm peep.

" Do you find yourself asking questions like does my work matter, have I made a difference in the world, and how do I engage myself in meaningful work? Sooner or later, every thinking person will ask these questions and will want to do something meaningful. Introducing Lasting Contribution: How to Think, Plan, and Act to Accomplish Meaningful Work by Tad Waddington. Award winning author Tad Waddington is Accenture’s Director of Performance Measurement who is based in Chicago. With his deep appreciation for different cultures and a great interest in philosophy, Tad synthesizes the thought of Aristotle, Sun Tzu, Confucius and many others in writing Lasting Contribution.

He draws insights from information theory, sociology, Zen, psychology, the history of art, management theory, the philosophy of science and a dozen other fields. Tad clearly explains the habits of mind, how to understand the true nature of a problem, and more importantly, how to systematically think through a solution that will have a lasting impact. Nevertheless, don’t be put off yet by his philosophical approach in writing! Using an entertainingly broad range of examples such as Titanic, avatars, Santa Claus, cocktail parties, Oprah’s shoes, squirrels that cause avalanches, and many other vivid examples to make his points clear, this book is both enjoyable and deeply thought-provoking.
"

Interested? ;) Well, people who think will be. =p
Anyway, no worries about the review. It will come as soon as I finish reading it. Don't hold your breath; still have lotz to read. =p

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

can i have a free copy of the book hehe?

aMiR said...

Ide like a copy too if u could round it up. :P

. Ruz . said...

Could lend it to u. Remind me next week k? ;)

StarrY said...

I have two and don't know what to do with it...

. Ruz . said...

Sell one? ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails